Plants for Goldfish Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platiesareawesome

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! I am trying to decide on plants to have in a 40 gallon breeder fancy goldfish tank I am going to set up hopefully very soon now. I will have a Finnex Fugeray Planted+ for lighting (which I think would give me about medium lighting). I will have Eco-Complete Fine Grade for substrate. For fertilizers I will be dosing PPS-Pro and will be using Aquafertz Total root tabs.

For plants, I was thinking of having pygmy chain sword as a foreground plant. For the mid ground, amazon sword, and possibly plants such as cryptocoryne parva or wendtii or anubias nana in between the amazon sword and pygmy chain sword. For the background, I want to have jungle vallisneria, and possibly water wisteria in the mid-background in one corner of the tank.

I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions or thoughts about what plants I could have, where their placement should be in the tank, what plants would look good, what plants would do well with goldfish, etc. Any suggestions are welcome! Thank you! :thanks:

I find that Comets are fairly destructive with plants, but they haven't touched the Anubias i have tied to rocks. Aside from that the only other plant that has survived their ravages has been Ludwigia Repens. Fancies might be less destructive than Comets though. Good luck with giving your goldfish a garden

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom