Wanted: Plants required for 30g freshwater tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paramsethi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi everyone,
I am newbie to this hobby and just bought 30g tank 2 weeks ago. Tank is under fishless cycling for two weeks now and water is cloudy for past one week (after lots of research) i figured out its a bacteria bloom and should be gone in 1-2 weeks of time for fishless cycling.
I am planning to make it a planted tank with plants which can thrive in low light and without CO2.
based on lots of googling and reading aqua forums, below mentioned is the plant list that I have come up with:
Anarchis
anubias gold
Christmas moss/ flame moss
hairgrass/microswords
Amazon plant
baby tears
riccia

If anyone is going to trim their plants, don't throw them and please ship them to me :). I will be paying the shipping charges.
I am currently staying in Ashburn, Virginia. If you are nearer to my place I can come and pick them up as well.
Thanks in advance!
param

Low light and no co2 will limit what you can keep alive in your tank. Baby tears, microsword/lilaeopsis, riccia, and hairgrass won't do well in a low light tank.

Flame moss could have trouble too but you might at least keep it green.

The rest look light good options depending on your light.

What kind of light and how many watts is the setup you plan to use?

Kudos on the fishless cycle. Not too many newcomers to the hobby start off on the right foot like you are.

thanks for the reply. I have set up my aquarium in living room of my house, which is very bright and has lots of windows in it. But sunlight never falls directly on my tank.
I have bought the Marineland 29G LED tank setup. And at least they have mentioned in the manuals and tank box, that the plants will grow well in this light.
For the CO2, i was planning to put co2 tablets or some kind of plant food once a week but not planning to have a CO2 setup.

Back
Top Bottom