Plants to protect my future inverts. while their molting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plantedtankman

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm almost done finishing my stock. I'm planning on adding around 3 Amano Shrimp and an Orange Dwarf Crayfish to my 30 gallon. My only worry is that my Rams will pick on them when they molt. I've heard Java Moss is a good plant for Shrimp and other small invertebrates to hide in. Opinions? My current stock is listed on my profile.

I'm almost done finishing my stock. I'm planning on adding around 3 Amano Shrimp and an Orange Dwarf Crayfish to my 30 gallon. My only worry is that my Rams will pick on them when they molt. I've heard Java Moss is a good plant for Shrimp and other small invertebrates to hide in. Opinions? My current stock is listed on my profile.

Scratch the CPO. I'll just get the Amano Shrimp.

Moss is appreciated by many shrimp, but amanos are larger and like to hide under wood or stone, or in heavy roots or stems of plants. So a densely planted tank is ideal for them. Make sure the tank has been running for months, as they do need biofilm to thrive, even though they eat algae, it's not their only food.

Back
Top Bottom