Plants worse for ware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fatfei

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,

I've set up an aquarium it's been running for about 2 months now and I just bought some plants to attach to bogwood. (Anubias barteri var. nana) avoid after a couple of days it looks healthy but a day or so later I started getting dark green patches on it and now it looks like it's deteriorating. Have attached the picture as well was a picture of the fertilizers I put in the fish tank. I have a soil based substrate in the tank, 25c water, seven hours of lighting a day not including from the sun that shines on it. I have 3 Cory catfish in the tank

Best regards

Fei20180914_094233.jpg20180914_094222.jpg20180914_094205.jpg20180906_154151.jpg20180914_094240.jpg

Hard to call with limited information.

What other plants are you having trouble with or is it just the Anubias.

How often are you fertilizing, and how much, what's your PH level...

Some plants will melt in transition... SO some of this can be normal, but with the info you have given we could only take guesses.

Sunlight is powerful and Anubias does not like powerful light. Sunlight blazing on an anubias plant is almost guaranteed to start algae growth

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back to me. It's just the anubias.

The pH is 8.2 and I put the fertilizers in once a week when doing a partial water change.

Perhaps I shall move the plant to an area of the tank where the sun can't get to it then

I don't know anything about plants but i had kept corydoras and they just teared my plants. Not really teared but the way the move and bites disturbed my carpet and some plants attached to rocks they pulled them out. So i had to rehome them. Thought to tell you.

I don't know anything about plants but i had kept corydoras and they just teared my plants. Not really teared but the way the move and bites disturbed my carpet and some plants attached to rocks they pulled them out. So i had to rehome them. Thought to tell you.
Thanks Kashif,

I seem alright at the moment but I'll bare it in mind

Back
Top Bottom