Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reaper216

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just received a packaged of a number of plants, but they all seem kinda small to put right into gravel the plants are water wisteria, dwarf water lettuce, frogbit, and some rotala rotundufolia

Can I just let them float until they grow larger? Or must they be planted?

Well the frogbit is a floating plant so it shouldn't be planted at all. The other I will leave for someone else to answer about as I have only started with wisteria, and rotala, never had water lettuce.

You might get more help if you ask is the planted tank section too.

Water lettuce and frogbit are floater. You can float the others if you want but know you don't need more than about a 3" or so piece to plant. Heck I've planted stem plants that left about 1/2" above the substrate and they grew just fine.

Water lettuce and frogbit are floater. You can float the others if you want but know you don't need more than about a 3" or so piece to plant. Heck I've planted stem plants that left about 1/2" above the substrate and they grew just fine.

Same. My cabomba was around an inch, and it's at least doubled in size in just a few days.

Back
Top Bottom