plate coral maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mle421

Aquarium Advice Freak
its small and orange with clear "tentacles" and a white spot in the center. heres a pic....

Attachments

• im001740.jpg
    im001740.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 374
Looks to me like a type of non-photosynthetic cup coral.Would it be possible to get a pic of it closed up?

Looks like a sole polyp hydroid but not sure on the species. Possibley Tubularia :?:

Cheers
Steve

Not a plate coral. A plate coral does not attach itself to anything. The coral forms a somewhat flate and round skelial base.

ha, that is a close up, its only about a centemeter in diameter, and my camera wont focus on it since its so small. i cant see the base, it looks pretty flush to the rock. ill look up hydroid polyps and see if it matches. if not, ill just have to wait till its a little bigger to tell.

I didn't mean for you to get another close up picture. I meant for a picture where the polyp is closed up. Tentacles drawn in to show the skeleton. LOL Good luck.

a plate coral would have long or short tenticles throught the entire face vs being on the rim.

Back
Top Bottom