Platy Fry not growing!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I had a sunburst platty breed several months ago (i.e. june) and two fry survived. They started to intially grow but I've noticed they are no longer growing. One is about the length of a thumb nail and the other has remained about half that size.

I'm really not sure as to why they are not growing anymore, yet they seems active and healthy in the tank?

Any ideas?

What size tank are they in? Other fish with it? Anyone inbred? How often do you feed them? How old are they?

size tank: 30 g tank, they are in a breeding net because they are too small to be let out or they will get eatten.

Other fish with it? Yes, an angelfish and a couple platties and another tetra fish but i can't remember the name.

Anyone inbred? No clue, as this was the first batch on platties I had

How often do you feed them? Twice daily

How old are they? Born June 13 or 18th 2012.

If you have plants (fake or real) then they'll have places to hide out. Keeping them in the net isn't doing them any good. They need room to grow.

When I grow out any type of fry they start in a 10g, then move up as they grow. Water changes are also beneficial. Feeding 2-3 times a day (only what they can eat in a few minutes so there's no waste) has always worked well for me.

Sorry about taking log to respond. I would agree with Dragonfish and maybe try to feed a little more. :)

Back
Top Bottom