Platy has developed a white mark on one side.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luke1428

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi I have a 35L tank. 11 small fish. 3 neon tetra, 3 zebra danio, 3 small silver fish not sure what but guy in shop said they stay small.
That was it no probs there
but now added 2 platy and over night 1 has developed a white mark on one side.
Guess ya might say tank over stocked for start.
As far as I can tell my water quality is good. tests for amonia on tank water show 0ppm and all freash water added is 0ppm clorine and 0ppm amonia.
regular water changes are keeping nitrates low but still detectable is this bad?
scratch what i said before as im getting conflicting results from my test kits as i had a bottle style test kit for chlorine and amonia saying all clear so i thought that would be ok but no this had happened i did a 6in1 test strip in tank and prepaired water change showed chlorine still present.
I have been having troble clearing chlorine and amonia from my new water. I have tried stress coat+, aqua safe, and a few others claiming to remove these chemicals or bond them.
The shop man in one store who I asked said he just uses plain water straight out of tap! So I went for a second opinion here.
also a second shop said he uses prime. I have some but have not tried yet do you think thats good stuff?
Using 8ml stress coat+ to do this over 24h before water change.
Testing water before adding to tank.

Any advice on how you treat your water please?
Also these bubbles in corner at top of water is new, any ideas? should I remove?

Attachments

• Photo-0064.jpg
    Photo-0064.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Photo-0063.jpg
    Photo-0063.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Photo-0062.jpg
    Photo-0062.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 88
  • Photo-0061.jpg
    Photo-0061.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 91
No, not so I noticed and heater has cover to proect fish. so I doubt hanks for quick reply tho!

No worries. It's just the perfect shape for that kind of injury. :)

Not sure what else. White (of that size) is usually either bacteria or injury (the flesh of the fish is usually white).

Yes i see what you meen with the mark thanks do you know of a good treatment if it was bacterial? if left untreated would it get worse do you think? That is if i was.

Back
Top Bottom