platy hiding with clamped fins?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishkeeper9

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello everyone, i recently noticed my red dalmatian platy (male) has been hovering above the gravel with clamped fins. I did my weekly water change as normal on friday before leaving for a weekend trip. before i left i noticed that the platy was acting weird but suspected it was just stressed due to the water change and i checked ph, nitrates, ammonia, and chlorine bur nothing looked worrying. i got back sunday night (yesterday) and once again he was hiding but quickly returned to normal activities, this morning he came up to eat but quickly went back to hovering right above the gravel with a clamped tail fin, and red gills. The other fish in my 30 gallon include 5 glofish tetras, 5 fancy guppies, 5 zebra danios, and 4 other platys. which all seem to be acting completely normal. he is still eating. the temp is set to 79. does anyone have an idea about what could be wrong? is it just stress? should i wait it out?

I forgot to add that within the past few weeks i noticed a female guppy chasing him but they never seemed to hurt eachother and have no visible injuries. im not sure if this could be contributing?

Back
Top Bottom