Platy lifespan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I looked on google but I can't find a clear answer for the lifespan of a platy. Idk maybe I'm doing something wrong lol

I have 3 red platys in a 10 gallon and they are going to be moved to a 40 gallon in December. They are amazing fish and I think they are my favorite tropical fish next to electric blue rams. My platys are almost 3 inches in length and they are really cool and active and playful.

However I do notice gradually that the activity of the platys seem to be calming down, as if they are getting old and don't have the same energy haha. Nothing's wrong with my parameters, I do a 30% wc with siphon weekly

Is that normal? All my platys just move their fins slower especially today. They aren't swimming against the glass back and forth like they always do. In fact the guppy seems less energetic as well. But my neons and ghost shrimp and snail are fine so I doubt it's bad parameters, esp. with all the water changes

The life span of most iivebearers is 3-5 years. When you get them from your dealer they are probably at least one year old already. Mollies in saltwater seem to have the longest lifespan.

julielover said:
The life span of most iivebearers is 3-5 years. When you get them from your dealer they are probably at least one year old already. Mollies in saltwater seem to have the longest lifespan.

My platys almost doubled in size since I got them so petco must sell them really young

PLATYS FOR THE WIN

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom