Platy's and Molly's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mully

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:flowers: Just wondering if I can put Platy's and Black Molly's together in the same tank? Right now I have 2 female Platys and 1 male. Will they get along ok? I have a 20G High freshwater, with an Aqua Clear Filter 30G. Thanks! :fish2:

They can be kept together but mollys become too big to be housed in a 20 gallon tank, id recommend at least 30g. Have you looked at guppies?

I had no idea Molly's got big? whew! Good thing I posted this question before I bought them. No? I havent thought about getting guppies. I will check them out next time Im at the pet store. :)

Well they dont get 'big' but big enough where 20gallons may not be enough swimming room to stretch their fins.

Guppys are kool looking. Google images them.

What about Neon's? Are they small enough to share the tank with my Platy's?

I can't see a problem with neons. A school of 5 or so (to keep them happy) should be fine. Even better if you can get a few more. I have 14 with platys and they are all fine. The neons hang around the middle of the tank. I just wanted 10 but the LFS gave me a few more and no problems. I believe that with neons your tank has to be well cycled/aged.

Platy's are very peacefull fish... The more the better... My moms 30g has like 9 of them together 2 cory cats, and 7 neon tetra's and 1 bolivian ram.. They all get together fine

I have platys in with my mollies, all get along fine , but I think the platy is the more peaceful fish .. And the variations are fab too , check out a few different platys before you get guppies , :)

Back
Top Bottom