Please can someone check this stocking will be okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eli

Aquarium Advice Regular
This is (hopefully!) my final stocking for my 120 litre tank. Will it work? Is it overcrowded or going to cause me problems in the future?

1 x koi angelfish (already got)
5 x bleeding heart tetra (already got)
1 x German blue ram
10 x cardinal tetra
6 x panda corydoras
6 x marbled hatchetfish

So, what does everyone think? I just thought it was best to check before making a mistake! I'm hoping to order them to be delivered on my day off next week... so excited :)

Good

Your stocking is border line over crowed but I would say that it is fine... If you could post a pic so we can see what it looks like that would really help. :)

img_2278083_0_cbbba919e281c5dfa6e153d6beb1cd34.jpg

This is the tank at the moment :)

looks ok to me, nice mix of various levels of swimmers. My bleeding hearts would often hang near the bottom, even though everyone says they're mid-level swimmers, just fyi.
I would also wait a couple of months to add the ram, as they can be really sensitive to nitrate swings that new tanks can have. For example, I set up my 55 US gallon in August, and didn't have stable numbers until after Christmas. The nitrates would spike from time to time, and I got an odd ammonia or nitrite spike here and there too.
Edit: oh, and your driftwood/aquascaping looks positively amazing!

I might even give the ram a miss if I'm borderline overstocked, or at least until my levels are stable as you suggested. Thanks for the compliment, I'll be sure to let my poor boyfriend know that the hours he got dragged round looking for the perfect pieces was worth it!

Back
Top Bottom