Please help filtration question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

6yamaha

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need help I have a 100g sea clear acrylic tank that I plan on using to do a fully planted. I would really like to use the back tank(saltwater filtration part) for fresh water and need someone to show me how to do it. What will I need,( pump , bio balls , shrimp , power heads ect) where do I put it. I want to use it in conjunction with a fluval canister 406 filter. I would greatly appreciate and help thank you

Attachments

• image-370092344.jpg
    image-370092344.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 61
  • image-283017041.jpg
    image-283017041.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 55
  • image-1900424060.jpg
    image-1900424060.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 54
  • image-574829695.jpg
    image-574829695.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 78
  • image-116793266.jpg
    image-116793266.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 66
I would post this in the planted tank section.. Good looking dog btw!

Thank you ..... But not a planted ? It's filtration figured that's general

I will be honest...I just don't get it. In the pictures it is hard to see what is what. You want a small tank filled with shrimp and plants as a filter?

The filter you have chosen already offers ample filtration..
Really confusing post.
You have an interesting opportunity though.
I'm not sure what I would want to do with that space, just having water run through it is enough..
If you wanted some extra filtration you could stuff some filter wadding in one if those spaces,Just for solids initially but would breed some good bacteria.. I guess.
Keep a heater in there?

This thread is not nearly as confusing as everyone is making it seem. The OP is setting up a planted tank and apparently doesn't know what to put in the compartments of the overflow. Personally I do not have experience with planted tanks, so maybe someone can speak about appropriate media, ie bio balls, floss, etc. I would imagine he asked about shrimp from reading cycling threads, and has also probably seen forums with people using powerheads... I wish I could help out more, but maybe someone with planted experience can help...

Thank you that is exactly what I wanted to know I want to use that in conjunction with my fluval you can never have to much filtration

Back
Top Bottom