Please help! What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bstorer

Aquarium Advice Regular
Picture is bad because of how small these things are. There are hundreds of these in my tank swimming around. I can see 2 black eyes. It looks like they are swimming with their head down and tail end up. My coral hasn't been doing well the last week or so, not sure if this is the problem. Can anyone identify them?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic

Attachments

• 1434514304385.jpg
    1434514304385.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 122
They kinda look like they swim mostly backwards. I have a cleaner shrimp, chitons, snails, hermit crabs, goby, damsel, and several coral.

Not for nothin here, but they look like baby fish, just hatched babies. You have a pair that hang out together alot?

I don't have a pair of anything, never have. No new fish for over 4 or 5 months, maybe longer.

Still say they look like freshly hatched babies. Sorry Im not of better help. I magnified the pic, and thats what they look like.

Well, I hope you're right! Thank you

It is IMO a fry!
You may not need pairs!
What fish do you have?
As hard as it is to believe a fish without a pair,no common shrimp are successfully reared.
That would be even HUGER, but it does look like a fry.
I have and still do breed freshwater fish from live bearers that look like fish at birth to South American cichlids whose fry from egg are smaller then dust specs for first week!
You got a good system going,
You got a good eye to find,photgraph and recognize something,
and,
You got lucky with whatever that is!!!!
What fish do you have?
I agree with RM ,he is Usually very accurate !

I only have a yellow tail damsel end a diamond goby. No other fish

I'm going with the goby then unless you clearly remember the damsel being much fatter?
If they all are gone then they were not from damsel IMO.
It will eat them IMO.
If you want a shot at raising any and think you know how ,then get the damsel out ASAP IMO.
Otherwise rearing marine fish is a huge step from even some of the most difficult freshwater fish for even experienced breeders,so enjoy the view for now .

Thank you! I have no plans for raising any of them...free food!

Just an update. No idea what those were, but haven't seen them since that one night. I figured out that my bulb was going bad and that led to the reason my corals were looking bad. I upgraded to LED's. Corals are looking good again.

Back
Top Bottom