Please Help!.. What's wrong with Mr. Crowley!! -GOOD NEWS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joedarat

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i notice this "spot" about a week ago, and it looked like it was a small cut, or scratch..but it was tiny..now its at least trippled in size! please help me figure out what to do. It's looks like it has a "cotton" texture...

my tank parameters are ALL normal.

all 0's for the bad stuff.. 10 for the Nitrate , and 6.8 pH - Kh 3

only thing new added was this a resin cave.. month ago

water changes 20% weekly

Attachments

• whole_183.jpg
    whole_183.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 93
  • spot_214.jpg
    spot_214.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 69
oh crap.. i forgot, I also added 3 angel fish 2 weeks ago, 1 of which died . the 2 golden angels left.. look fine.. dunno

how big is the spot now? have you done anything? can you get a side view of the spot? you say it looks cottony.. I cant tell from the picture that it looks cottony.

joedarat said:
it has a "cotton" texture... /quote]

usually cotton texture growths are fungus. Fungus infections usually attack fish that are already weak from something else. I would try either salt baths or an antifungal medication.

when he faces the back of the tank, i can see the side view and the spot stickin out a little, and that's when it looks more cottony.. i will get a pic up asap, right now he's suckin on a cichlid pellet and he is camera shy when he eats.. looks to be about 2 centimeters in diameter..sorta.

so you're thinking fungal talloulou? and recommendation on antifungal meds?

read your other post about meds.. so salt is the safer way.. how bout i put him in a bucket with his own tank water, some salt, for 20-30 minutes? I have aquarium salt.. the bucket is three gallons. the fish is about 3 inches, how much salt you think?

here's the best i could get..

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 56
  • side_152.jpg
    side_152.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 49
I can probably have my brother check in on the tank while Im gone.. will Maracyn be harmful to any other of the fish..check sig

If you want to do the salt bath there are tons of websites with varying amounts of salt but I follow the directions on the carton of Doc Wellfish's Aquarium Salt....

Tropical Fish Treatment "Add one rounded tablespoonful of salt for every 5 gallons of aquarium water. Water temp of 80 degrees during treatment is recommended.

I usually do this in a hospital tank, but I guess you could do it in a bucket. I love salt over medication for treating almost everything.....but I am old and old fashon I guess.

Next time you add new fish, Try Melafix or Primafix, FME they are really good in preventative to disease when adding new fish and they don't mess up the biological filter. You could also use it now to help heal your fish and prevent the other one's from getting sick.

In a three gallon bucket I would start with 3 rounded tablespoons of salt and add three more after 12 hours if no change. I've done this before with very good results.

I dosed the tank with maracyn and he's is already begun to show much improvement..only a week.. the fungus looks gto be gone, and the wound is healing!
thanks for the help everyone!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom