Please, need advice on set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plkdb

Aquarium Advice Activist
I`ll be moving in 6 months to the UK, but I cant stand coming home everyday to a empty 55 gallon tank. The plan was to set it up as a SW reef, but too much $$ to tear it down so quick. But this will work out better, because it will be a excuse to the wife to get another bigger tank when we get there. :twisted: Anyways so far what I have is a 55 gallon tank, and a Eheim 2128 canister filter. Looking to have some live plants, need advice on lighting and substrate. Planning on doing a gargoyle/castle ruin theme in it. Found a good deal at big als for the heater I want, the via aqua titanium 300w, 16.99. Fish store is selling them for 39.99! The tank came with a single 48" flourescent light fixture, but I was looking at a 48" PC set up with (2) 55w lights, and the Rena 100 air pump with a bubble curtain for in the back. Anything I need to change or are missing?

but I was looking at a 48" PC set up with (2) 55w lights, and the Rena 100 air pump with a bubble curtain for in the back. Anything I need to change or are missing?

Lights, good choice. You want live plants, don't do the bubble wand. no airstone of any kind. Bubbles drive off co2 in the water, which your plants need to photosynthisize.

Read here, please:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=8935

I read that, but I didnt see anything about the bubble wand. Is there any other thing you can do other than getting a CO2 system? Would I be better off going with two 150w heaters at opposite sides of the tank, or using a powerhead to circulate water, or do you think the filter i have will circulate enough?

Regard CO2, which you will need for that big of tank, check out the milwaukee all in one at aquabotanic.com for $99 bucks its got a bubble counter, needle valve, solenoid, two guages, the full meal deal at a great price.

Yeah, sorry about the spelling. The first time I tried to get to Aquabotanic.com I had trouble getting to the "store". CC's link should help folks new to Aquabotanic's navigate the website.

Back
Top Bottom