please throw me some advice / wisdom - sick parrot?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hello all,

one of my parrots, a panda parrot now baseball size, is orange but his back bottom fin is turning a slight whiteish tint. i assume its due to aging / growth. also, his back fin seems to be a blueish inbetween the lines, but its pretty not gross. he has also, just tonight, started twitching every 10-15 mins very slightly.

he eats fine & doesnt show any fin damage or white fuzzy spots. & his scales are gorgeous. also, my parameters are perfect.

quick recent history:
i have a pair of parrots, a gold severum & a kribensis. everyone is healthy looking fin / scale wise. i had 2 kribensis but 1 had a white spot on fin. i treated w/ melafix & pimafix & once healed, a friend took the previously sick krib.

now its the 4 fish & everyone else is cool except my parrot.

I'm fairly sure the white / mild blue in his fins is natural / him aging but if anyone knows otherwise, pleaaase fill me in.

he has no signs of rot & no marks, just the light twitch here & there basically.

well if anyone has read all of this and isnt sleeping yet, can you try & help a guy out?

all help is apreciated

thanks
-ronnie

I remember this thread, didn't you have another one about this? But anyway, how long have you had the fish? Is it getting picked on at all?

never had parrot probs before so i dont think it was me.

& no he's not getting picked on, they're all very harmonious.

i probably cant get a good pic of his fin since i dont have a nice camera but ive noticed his belly is turning white too so its basically just the twitching issue.

other than amonia, what could cause a fish twitch? lol

When you say twitching what do you mean, like a seizure or is the fish rubbing against objects in the tank? What are your water parameters at? Twitching can be parasites, poor water conditions, or even certain dechlorinators.

the twitch is like a VERY mild seisure.. my oscar had a similar twitch after my surgery when the amonia spiked cuz i couldnt clean.

tested yesterday:
ph 6.8-7
amonia 0
nitrates 0

i have the neutrafin bio stuff, which ive added since i did a water change from medicating w/ the mela & pimafix.. i was thinking maybe get some stress coat for the chloromites??

he did have a mild fin rot along w/ my sick krib about a week/2 ago but hes healthy looking as can be now (minus the mild twitching)

whatcha think?

I HAVE ATTATCHED A FEW PICTURES OF MY PARROT!! (they have a little glaire on his face/body from my other tank) but his fins / scales / gils appear to be healthy.

he hasnt twitched at all today, & i've been watching him & the others all day.

he does seem to be hiding A LOT!

& where the net usually spooks him into shooting around, i had it in taking out an algae disc RIGHT next to his face & he didnt move at all. seems odd.

again, my parameters are good so could it be from medicating the past 2 weeks?

OR AM I JUST A PSYCO & HES FINE?!?

i hate how much i love my fish :/

Back
Top Bottom