Pleco help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Juventus

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had a hi fin pleco n it died in 2 days idk if it was my water or because I found it sucked on the filter looked like his fin was stuck in there , what is a good pleco for a 40 gallon that does good clean up?

2 days, hmm. He was probably sick when you got him and the stress of moving him into a new tank was probably too much. Or, it could be your water. IS it cycled? what are the tank-mates? Water parameters??

Pleco's are usually pretty hardy fish and can be put through a lot not saying that you should put them through it, just that they can be. You could really go with any ancistrius in a 40, bristlenoses are one of my favorites, theres so many color varieties - green dragon (not to be confused with green phantom), super red, red, calico, albino, and regular brown. Most of those usually go for under $10 a piece. If you want to spend a little more you could go with a starlight, which are definitely my favorites, they get the bristles too but are just a bit more flashy IMO. Theres also gold nuggets, inspector snowballs, clowns, and tons of others.

It all depends on what you are looking for. Just try to avoid commons and any other pleco that grows over like 7"

I cycled my water for over a month until i though it was ready my ammonia is and was 0 my nitrit is 0 and my nitrate is around 10 or so i have a temperature of around 79 or 80 and alot or bubbles and a filter that does up to 70 gallon n i hVe a 40 gAllon so im not sure , but out if curiosity i always see the bristlenose in stores n pll always talk about em but why do pl like em so much

I cycled my water for over a month until i though it was ready my ammonia is and was 0 my nitrit is 0 and my nitrate is around 10 or so i have a temperature of around 79 or 80 and alot or bubbles and a filter that does up to 70 gallon n i hVe a 40 gAllon so im not sure , but out if curiosity i always see the bristlenose in stores n pll always talk about em but why do pl like em so much

Bristlenoses are popular because as opposed to most plecos are suitable for tanks 20G-55G. Common plecos are unsuitable for tanks smaller than a 100G and a lot of the other plecos, while possibly suitable for the 20G-55G are often rarer and subsequently more expensive.

Plus bristlenose plecos tend to be reasonably active while a lot of other pleco species are more uh...lethargic.

Alright thank you , wjat kind of bnp do u recomend, and i have 6 cory cats not sure what kind exacly but what else u preffer for clean up crew around the tank

Alright thank you , wjat kind of bnp do u recomend, and i have 6 cory cats not sure what kind exacly but what else u preffer for clean up crew around the tank

The common, albino, and marble bristlenose are all very hardy. Choose whichever of those colour/ pattern variations you like. Same with male/female, some people love the bushy face of the males, others find them hideous and scary! Lol. I love 'em all :)

There is nothing cuter than a bristlenose munching on the front glass of the tank.

The common, albino, and marble bristlenose are all very hardy. Choose whichever of those colour/ pattern variations you like. Same with male/female, some people love the bushy face of the males, others find them hideous and scary! Lol. I love 'em all :)

There is nothing cuter than a bristlenose munching on the front glass of the tank.

Haha, this post is hilarious.

Back
Top Bottom