Pleco ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone.

I have been doing some research and I just can't find this kind of fish anywhere, I hope you can help me out identify this guy. Thank youImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454870206.699696.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454870232.040414.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454870206.699696.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hill stream loach also called ufo loach I think

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

Gastromyzon species I believe, possibly zebrinus? Or some unknown species. They need incredibly specialized setups with low temperatures and ridiculous water flow. Not good for normal aquariums.

He is cool looking but yeah when it comes to loaches sini is the man with the answers!

He is cool looking but yeah when it comes to loaches sini is the man with the answers!

I'll tell you what, the closest thing I can find to that loach in the picture is an unidentified gastromyzon species on Loaches.com. It's not in my book for sure. So really I don't know better than anyone else :facepalm: Well, care for gastromyzon is prettymuch the same across the genus so I know that much.

In any case it's a beautiful fish, OP I really hope you can get that guy into an appropriate setup. Thing about hillstream loaches is that they're super specialized for high-flow environments so any tank not built around their needs is usually a slow death chamber for them due to their crazy oxygen needs.

Yup sini is right never seen one like yours last one I saw had spots on it

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom