Pleco Vs Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itsstace

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I have a clown pleco and 2-3 amano shrimps. When I put in algie wafers to feed the pleco, all that happens is the shrimps swims and grabs it, has it all themselves. I'm worried that the pleco is not getting any food, is there a way I can resove this issue?

Thanks,

If he is hungry he will eat it. You can put a piece of cucumber or zucchini for him. Feed him at night.

rich311k said:
If he is hungry he will eat it. You can put a piece of cucumber or zucchini for him. Feed him at night.

The issue is, when I feed the pleco at night, the shrimps eats the algie wafers before the pleco has a chance to. Maybe need to just feed veg?!

I break up the algae wafers and spread them around the tank ;)

Is there wood in the tank? Clown plecos don't eat much algae or veggie matter..they are primarily a wood eater and won't live long without wood in the tank.

siva said:
I break up the algae wafers and spread them around the tank ;)

Is there wood in the tank? Clown plecos don't eat much algae or veggie matter..they are primarily a wood eater and won't live long without wood in the tank.

Sound like a nice idea.

Yeah there's driftwood in the tank. That's where the pleco is always hiding.

I wouldn't worry then. I rarely see my clown touch a wafer or peice of zucchini. ;)

Back
Top Bottom