Pleco + zucchini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicbizzy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First time adventures in feeding with veggies! Little King Trash Mouth is one happy fella. Oh, and I left the seeds in. Getting conflicting answers as to wether they can stay or should be removed prior to going in the tank. What do you do? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424745730.211852.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Love the picture and the name. I have 2 of them one is a young lemon blue eyed BN an L144 and the other is a male albino BN. they live in seperate tanks. They both love zuchinni squash . I serve it raw in a thick slice like you do and I leave the seeds in. They tend to go for them first. I can see absolutley no reason to remove them. They start in the middle the both of them. They also like cukes. Love my plecos. they are my new favorite fish. Alison

I do pretty much exactly what you did but I slice the veg vertically so I get two long pieces.

I like to think it's easier for the Plec to get to the tasty part.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I slice cucumbers and freeze them. Then I microwave one or two and plop them into the tank. I leave the seeds in, never had an issue with them. My pleco and cories love them. My other fish will pick at it too. I've never tried zucchini before, I'll have to try it sometime.

Since as far as I know all pumpkin and squash seeds are safe for humans to eat as well as birds, also cukes, then I stands to reason that any fish that rasps on wood is not going to have trouble with their seeds which are also high in nutrients and fiber. I don't cook the veg including cukes, I just scrub , cut and put in the tank. Alison:)

Back
Top Bottom