Plecos a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
plecos have really good eye sight. My Pleco sense when I get near the tank and then take off.

Last edited:
Can plecos eat food from the bottom of the tank, like sinking pellets? or does it have to be alge waffers only?

Can plecos eat food from the bottom of the tank, like sinking pellets? or does it have to be alge waffers only?
Plecos will eat food that is anywhere in the tank. I'm not sure what kind of " algae waffer" you got but I used Omega One's Veggie Rounds for all my plecos. They sunk to the bottom and the plecos ate them like crazy. You don't have any fish that could swallow those disks whole so no worries that the Pleco won't get any food. They are also good for your other fish such as the Cories and even the Tetras as vegetable matter helps all fish with digestion so it doesn't matter if they eat them. (y)

Here is a photo of my Betta. He eats sometimes
Same thing with feeding it at night so the Pleco can have first dibs on it. (y)
My Pleco comes out in the day as well. I do shut the lights off at night and put the food for Skittles. I love my pleco. I even named him or her as Skittles. I was going to name pleco dragon,, he sure is big. he or she, is still a baby, but growing fast.

Why are my tetras and neon tetras chasing my pleco around the tank?

Why are my tetras and neon tetras chasing my pleco around the tank?
They want to play Hide and Seek but the Pleco won't hide. :lach: That is an odd behavior. Maybe he got to some food before they did and they are getting even. Do you see them biting the Pleco or are they just chasing him?

They want to play Hide and Seek but the Pleco won't hide. :lach: That is an odd behavior. Maybe he got to some food before they did and they are getting even. Do you see them biting the Pleco or are they just chasing him?
My Tetras and my Neons are just chasing mr Skittles aka pleco. Right now Skittles is stuck to the glass eating Alge, behind a fake plant.

My Tetras and my Neons are just chasing mr Skittles aka pleco. Right now Skittles is stuck to the glass eating Alge, behind a fake plant.
As long as they are not biting him, he should be fine. He may have just gone somewhere he shouldn't have and disturbed the Tetras. If they were biting at the Pleco, that would not be good and may mean you are not feeding them enough.

My cory fishes is nipping at my Pleco, what should I do? my pleco is trying to move to the other side of the tank and my pleco fish is getting nipped at I feed plenty of food.. if I added more that would be over feeding.

My cory fishes is nipping at my Pleco, what should I do? my pleco is trying to move to the other side of the tank and my pleco fish is getting nipped at I feed plenty of food.. if I added more that would be over feeding.
Are the cories tearing the fins or just brushing their barbels on the Pleco?

Just brushing their barbels on the Pleco, yes. Are they fighting for domance?

Back
Top Bottom