plecos whole body white help!!!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samram0829

Aquarium Advice Regular
Sooo... Tonight as I was going to feed my fish I noticed that one of The plecoS in my tanks body is almost completely white what could this be?
My other fish don't have anything on them and my tank levels are fine.

Seeing the title of this surprised me. Had to take a look. From what I can't find pleco's don't really "shed" if could be a fungal infection.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Fungal would also be my thought. Bacterial could also cause that but the fish would be pretty much dead by now.

Also ich or other external parasites can result in fish increasing their mucus layer (particularly scaleless) and that can look like bits are flaking off. Flashing would indicate this.

I had a pleco that looked like that. His fins were also just the bony rays with threads of membrane on him. I euthanised him by putting him in a container with tank water, vodka, and clove oil. You may be to the point of no return. Any pics?

29 gallon community
10 gallon gertrudae rainbow W.I.P.

I actually found another article where this happened... I'm pretty sure he was just stressed out i was temporarily housing two of my sisters fish from her tank and I think my pleco got territorial and was sucking the others slime coat off because two days back into her tank he was fine.

Back
Top Bottom