Plecostomus Swimming upside down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfriend09

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have caught my plecostomus the past three nights coming to the surface of the tank to feed when the other fish are eating, i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, ive also got pics i could put up if anyone wants to see, lol

yea they can do that if the food floating on the surface is much desired by that pleco.

I have caught my plecostomus the past three nights coming to the surface of the tank to feed when the other fish are eating, i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, ive also got pics i could put up if anyone wants to see, lol
I'd love to see lol

Mine does the same thing. It has gotten a taste for flake food. I will see if I can get a pic tonight when it is doing this and post. It is pretty funny.

Here's three seperate pics of my pleco, the aptly named 'Mr Plecy' lol, as you can see he loves eating flake from the top instead of waiting for it to sink.

Attachments

• P211209_01.27.jpg
    P211209_01.27.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 188
  • P061209_00.38.jpg
    P061209_00.38.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 138
  • P061209_00.37.jpg
    P061209_00.37.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 168
Mine did that same thing before he died unfortunately :( he ate the flake foo and the freeze dried bloodworms.Sorry I didn't help with the thread just thought of putting an input.

Mine does that to eat the large floating cichlid pellets I feed my oscars, Its really cute. He'll float upside down and get one, move to the edge, turn so he can try and hold it on the side of the tank and eats it. Whenever he loses his grip on it and it floats back up he'll go back and get it.

That's the whole point of me making this thread, lol, i was really just looking to see if others had experience which you had too =D

My bristle nose plec doesnt swim but sort of scurrys along the surface, doesnt come out till its pitch black and is only into algae wafers! I tried veg after veg after veg after veg LOL

My plec does that too. My Mum's is great, as soon as the food goes in her tank it comes straight out and eats, no matter what time of the day lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom