plecostomus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jovemaria38

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi i have a 75 gallon tank and for some reason my plecostomus never seem to make it i have salts for my tank water purifier ph balance test strips everything but they never make it what can i do to keep them alive i hate to see the belly up makes me mad and sad!!!! please help me somebody.

I have guppies clown loach and a Chinese algae eater I'm still very new to aquariums but what do you mean by parameters

I have guppies clown loach and a Chinese algae eater I'm still very new to aquariums but what do you mean by parameters

test strips are inaccurate. i would suggest getting an API master test kit. you will need to check ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. how much and how often do you change the water?

It's likely from the salt. How much do you add And how often do you have it?
Scale-less fish are very salt sensitive and even the most salt tolerant can't handle it for more than a few weeks at a time

I have a 75 gallon tank an i only put about 3 tablespoons every four to six weeks

test strips are inaccurate. i would suggest getting an API master test kit. you will need to check ph, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. how much and how often do you change the water?

I change every once a week

How long has this tank been set up?
How big are your water changes?

We really need to know the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels to be able to help you.

How long has this tank been set up?
How big are your water changes?

We really need to know the ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels to be able to help you.

1/4 the water my parameters are nitrate is 20 ppm nitrite 0 ppm hardness 150 ppm chlorine 0 ppm alkalinity 80 ppm ph is 7.2

Back
Top Bottom