plz hlp live sand issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's probably diatoms. a new tank i assume? every tank must go through a few stages as it cycles, and then matures.

It is probably most likely diatom which is common in saltwater tanks...your tank might be going through another cycle, but can't be sure without pics

Do you see the pic now

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110809_153514.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110809_153514.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 73
  • ForumRunner_20110809_153528.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110809_153528.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 96
It really looks like diatoms...just check your perimeters particularly nitrates and do an extra 10%-20% water change during your regular tank cleaning...try your best to siphon the area

Just check rite before you said that ominous os 0 ppm nitrites 0ppm and my nitrates is between 0 and 2 but im not sure the measurements on that 1 its different from the rest

that's brand new sand, correct? if so, diatoms will collect on the new surfaces.
the salinity is low. i would slowly raise it up to about .025,

Good to know about the salinity and no the sand is not the dude at the aquarium store told me that it was best to use what was already in the tank because the tank had already been running for a year was he wrong?

I knew the guy personally but besides that I think you both are rite I believe now that it is way you say it is but im so seeing if silicon or whatever its called is in purified water?

Well I just did a water change so I got most of it ip what do you guys think about algae remover and you were probably rite the brown stuff looked different from the sand

i would just wait and see. would you mind explaining the history of this tank? how long have you had it, how did you acquire it? how did you move it? what was in it....

I had it for a month I brought it home on my truck half full plugged it in put purified water plus salt with calcium in it waited till a 4 days ago to put a couple of fish in it and some coral witch seem to be doing really well he had 2 huge green puffer fish in it for almost a year not sure what they were called

Back
Top Bottom