PLZ I REALLY need advice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have posted other threads with different questions and i'm really not getting much advice on here other than what to feed my fish with obviously will not help fish that are not eating.

55g
2 angels
2 rams
6 danios ( only 4 now )

danios not shoaling.. started hiding not eating. One died with a bent spine.
Which could be from TB, not eating (malnutrition) or fNTD or possibly NTD.
I removed the danios (5) to a QT and treated with Marcyn 1&2.
in the meantime i have noticed and angel has stopped eating and they both have white stringy poop. Params are good last time I check they were 0/.24 ammo 0 trites and 5 trates. I checked yesterday and ammo 0/.25 and trites were 0.
I moved the danios back to the DT because I don't think they are eating like they should. I figured i could treat them all together. I can't tell if one danio is getting a hump back or not because he's very thin. other than that they seem to be a little more active then when i moved them.
I have treated the DT tank with Parasite clear 2 times but realized i had carbon in the filters ( it was old so i thought it would be ok) I removed the carbon and treated once more but didn't have a COMPLETE does ( just lacked half a tab )

Anyways i'm sorry this is so long I just really want to get them well before I loose them. I have a danio in a DIFFERENT tank that is acting the same way. I'm thinking of moving him to the 55g and treating with the rest of the fish! I cannot afford to treat the whole tank with marcyn products seeing it would cost me over a 100.oo and i've probably already spent around 30.00. I really need an affordable/effective treatment. This has been going on since the middle part(maybe sooner)of October... and i'm leaving monday for a week!! Fish doctors PLEASE HELP!!!! :banghead:

Symptoms can include:

• Loss of appetite
  • Progressive thinness
  • Sluggish movement
  • Folded fins
  • Eye protrusion
  • Dark coloration and granular appearance of the cornea (this is the first sign in Angelfish).
  • Skeletal deformity
  • Hanging at the surface
  • Skin defects, including blood spots and open wounds that may ulcerate
  • Black spots, or overall dark coloration (in Cichlids particularly).
  • Fin rot, characterised by the outer rays falling out.
  • Scales loosening and falling out
  • General swelling and scale protrusion (as in Dropsy)
  • http://www.torrens.org.uk/NatHist/Aqua/disease/tb.html
These are some symptoms i found about TB online and I guess i could say they have most of them but I DON'T know for sure :( I'm really upset
And here's fNTD soooooooo it could be anything!
Description: Symptomatically, this disease is very similar to Neon Tetra Disease, however it is caused by bacterial rather than parasitic infection.

In the early stages, fish will stop shoaling and eating. This will then progress to changes in pigmentation, fin rot and ulcer-type wounds. Oedema (dropsy) may also be visible as the infection overwhelms the kidneys.

Finally, spinal curvature and neurological symptoms may be exhibited. At this stage, the fish is probably hours from death.

fNTD can be distinguished from true Neon Tetra Disease by its response to antibiotics.
Symptoms: Spots
Spotshttp://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/plz-i-really-need-advice-179164.html#post1650230

Hholly said:
Sorry your fish are sick. Hope someone can help.

Thank u Hholly :( I'm going to go get some more parasite clear to see if that helps. I hope it's just an internal parasite or some kind of bacteria. I don't know if anyone knows exactly :( it's hard to diagnose fish I guess.

I really hate it for you, but I tend to think myco. I wish I had advice, but I don't. Once it manifests, it is too late. :(

Hopefully I'm wrong though. The videos you posted in http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f17/affordable-treatment-178908.html may be very helpful towards a solid diagnosis.

I did have some neons that died over night after getting them a month or two ago. I returned them. Could this possibly be NTD or fNTD? I did read that danios and angels can also get this. The symptoms are closely related to TB. Any advice? I was going to go get some more parasite clear... it contains metronidazole,praziquantel,diflubenzuron and acrivlavine....

Back
Top Bottom