POD question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have seen several people talk about POD packages they have purchased. I have called all of the LFS in the Dallas area and no one knows what I am talking about much less if they can get them.
So, I want to know where you guys get POD packages? Im wanting it for the regal tang I just bought. Hes in QT right now but would like to add the PODS to the main tank now and let them populate. I have about 80 lbs of LR and dont think I have very many PODS from what i can tell...
Thanks

Do tangs need pods? The LFS I got mine from called it a bug kit :) Not sure if it helped but I am seeing more pods in the fuge now. Premium aquatics sells rubble by the pound that I tried as well.

I know inland aquatics sells a kit but there is another place that sells pods pretty cheap. Should come up in a search for pods.

Sorry I can't help more.

fishman said:
I have about 80 lbs of LR and dont think I have very many PODS from what i can tell...
I would give it more time and check things after lights out. Chances are good you do have a decent population, they're just remaining nocturnal.

If not.... http://ipsf.com/

Cheers
Steve

ellisz said:
Do tangs need pods?.
No, they are primarily herbavors. While most fish (and corals) will benefit from pods, the main fish will be planktonivors.

Cheers
Steve

In regards to your Pod's... I started a fuge and it helps a lot! My LFS sold me 15 lbs of rubble from his LR tank. My mandarine seems to be doing much better with a more abundant supply. I agree with Steve, you may have a better Pod population that you think. Go to Ebay and see whats out there, you'll be surprised. Good luck and take care.

I never really see PODS in my tank, but tonight i have a crab trap set up and i was just checking in on it with a flash light and they are all over the place in there, so I have to agree that you may have more then you think!

I did a water change on my crab tank and cleaned a sponge filter on my PH when I got back, there were little critters all over the glass. Dirty water helps I think :)

I never see them in my main tank. They are hiding from the mandarin.

I have gone in and looked at the tank in the middle of the night (by means of the moonlight I have going) and never do see anything. Im sure they are in there as well....just would like to know.
Also if I go on Ebay to look for POD packages, what do I search for? What are the key words that everyone uses as I dont find anything.
Thanks

Try looking under copepods. Youll find find it. There are a lot of links to the places that sell theses little critters. They sell microalgea as well. Ebay is my Home Depot, I could wander around in there for hours. :) Steve posted this link. Check it out. http://ipsf.com/

Yes I looked at the link..very nice. Guess I was a little shocked at the price of $99. Well I will look on Ebay and see what I can find. Thanks for the info....Im sure I will find something that works for me.

I got one on eBay and now I have loads of pods, snails, worms etc. It was labeled "detrivore kit", but I just did a search and don't see anything under that name right now.

Great thanks...I will keep looking for these. Im in no hurry. Please anyone let me know if you run across any good deals.
Thanks

Great thanks...I will keep looking for these. Im in no hurry. Please anyone let me know if you run across any good deals.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom