Pods... do I have them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djmpj2

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank is a year old. I am wondering if I have pods, or enough of them to support a mandarin yet. I'm not really sure what they look like. I did a search here and it seems people find them on their glass. I don't really have too much on my glass besides the occasional coraline deposits.

DJ

Get in the middle of the night and shine a flashlight in your tank. If you see little specks swimming everywhere you have pods.

You'd really be pushing it with that system IMO. I know they say 75lbs lr min. for a mandarin, but I have a 150lbs of lr with a small HOB fuge and my mandarin, unfortunately, isn't exactly fat. In fact, I'm crossing my fingers that he'll make it while I build a refugium. They deplete your population pretty quickly.

Can you add a fuge to your setup? This will give the pods somewhere to repopulate. You could turn any old 20gallon tank into a refugium. As far as introducing pods, you can get live sand, or when you add a fuge - grab some chaeto from local aquarists.

We are seriously considering setting up a fuge but are pretty clueless on how to do it. We have a corner unit so the space under is limited and shaped odd. We have been researching it online.

DJ

Back
Top Bottom