Pods from fuge to main tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

natman2

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do the pods in the fuge find there way through the pump from the fuge into the main tank or do you have to get them over to the main tank in a more manual fashion?

Since this is my first fuge I cant say as to how large my pod pop is. It is however pretty easy to spot them. Usually a half dozen or so running around out in the open and a couple dozen in the macro. God only knows how many are in the rock.

I'm going to say yes, do some get chopped up, yes. I never sat in front of the return and counted how many made it so I can not give any facts based on observation. But my manderin is doing well after 2 years so I like to think the fuge has helped. The fuge does help out a lot with nitrates when you have macro algae or caluerpa in it.

I agree. I know some that keep a sponge in the fuge and actually manually transfer pods to the display. I have never done this and my mandarin appears to be doing well. He is always foraging and he does not eat prepared foods so I know he is getting something.

My pods travel 14ft up before they reach the display!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom