Pods, zooplankton, and phytoplankton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishheaven123

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Would it be a good idea to introduce pods into my tank and then feed them and the coral with phytoplankton?

Pods will feed themselves when introduced. Feeding things like plankton or other liquid foods for corals and inverts almost always lead to parameter issues and algae. Unless you know what you are doing with such or have non photosynthetic corals I would highly suggest not feeding in this manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Feeding things like plankton or other liquid foods for corals and inverts almost always lead to parameter issues and algae. Unless you know what you are doing with such or have non photosynthetic corals I would highly suggest not feeding in this manner.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

+1 +1 +1. I got a sun coral and a chili coral, so picked up so R.O.E and some phyto. Hatched some baby brine shrimp, gave them some phyto. Figured: ahh this will be good for my feather dusters and pods and whatever else in the tank, so add a few drops there. Add a few drops of R.O.E., and a few drops of arcti-pods. Repeat daily for a few weeks. End result: so much hair algae it looks like Oscar the Grouch.

When a bottle says "highly concentrated", believe it.

If you want to feed the life in your tank with phyto go with a live home grown culture. It doesn't come with the nutrient problems that the dead stuff does.

Back
Top Bottom