Pods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Here is the little nano reef tank before I took out the giant mount of Cheato and other MA.
60074-albums14597-picture70854.jpg

It went into a 6.6G glass Edge tank from a different Edge set up. With a air pump bubbling and 24 hour light to grow the Chaeto. A daylight bulb and a 50/50 actinic bulb.

Today I bought a new batch of pods from the SW lfs to feed the little fish in my nano, and some green water for food.

Did a pwc on my SW nano of 1 gallon.

Did a 1 gallon pwc on the Macroalgae tank using the dirty pwc water.

Just for the heck of it wanted to see if there were any pods I was throwing out in the MA tank water change. I put the water into the bag the pods came in from the SW lfs to see under the lamp light. The bag was swarming with pods. Probably more pods than what was in the bag I bought!!!

So the question is, how does one do a PWC and not throw away your pods?

It was crazy how much activity there was in the bag.

If you add a light to one end of the tank will the pods go to the end with the light and maybe remove some water from the dark end??? I just wasted $16.95, lol. Except the green food was a nice treat. (I guess) Obviously they lived well as they multiplied nicely. And liked the food I add on a regular basis.

What do you do with your pods???

opps should have done water change before adding , no biggie just skip this water change than go back to your normal routine next week giving them a chance to find cover in the rocks , any others may just get eaten

I used to buy pods monthly but found it was just to costly , now between my tank and sump I have so many the fish don't eat them fast enough
, no matter how careful you are you will suck out a few here and there , once they establish in the rocks they'll multiply like rabbits ,

:) I did the pwc first, but then wondered about the water I was going to throw out.

There seemed to be less live pods after sitting in the bag for a few hours, Or they were not moving around as much after leaving them next to the light. They are in a unheated tank, maybe the light got them too warm from what they were used to.

Back
Top Bottom