Pond filter and pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

khoifish89

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need some clarification on pond filter and pump. I have a Jebao CF-10 with uv 13 watts, up to 1500 gallon and Jebao pump rated at 1200 gph. What is the recommend pump rate for the filter. I am under the assumption that the pump have to be smaller rated than filter. Is that correct? This is because if the pump rate is higher than the filter it might overspill. Am I wrong?

I am not familiar with this setup/brand. I did some looking for info on it and could not find anything specific about its use. Have you emailed or called the manufacturer for what they recommend?

No I have not email the manufactured as they are from China. I should clarified. Let says hypothetically a filter is rated 1500 gallons pond. What kind a pump rated should I get?

i message the seller. The seller told me that for a Jebao CF-10 pressure filter, it is recommend that i get a pump that is rated 800 gph and that the pump that i have, 1200 gph, is fine.

Back
Top Bottom