Pool Filter sand to Miracle Gro or??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks great! Are you happy with the plants? How were they packaged??

I think I will order from them soon!

Don't ever be intimidated by a dirted tank. Remember most plants take in nutrients from there roots(like mother nature intended ). Just look at Dustins tanks!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks. Me too! I also have 4 pieces of cholla that are hiding under the big log until they sink.

Sent from an undisclosed location...

Looks great! Are you happy with the plants? How were they packaged??

I think I will order from them soon!

They were packaged in a usps priority mail box and in that was a grocery store plastic bag, then they were split into 2 separate plastic bags sealed with tape.
Not the most fantastic and I was glad I was home when they came so the mailman didn't leave them outside in the cold too long.

I did spot one small snail and then some snail slime on one of the smaller plants. I squished the snail and tried to rub and rinsed off the slime as best I could so I hope there weren't too many hitchhikers.

So here is a little update :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453932970.806368.jpg
First pic is 2 days after planting and adding fish

Second is just over 2 weeks after planting.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453933040.991603.jpg

The bacoba is growing like crazy and started growing roots all over and grew at least 5" in those two weeks so I did trim them and replanted in other areas and I think it looks great.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1453933226.904895.jpg

Cool! Are you using any ferts?

What kinds of fish do you have? They look pretty!

I have some root tabs and have dosed with some Flourish

I have a few white skirt tetras, neon tetras, zebra danios, otos and Cory catfish

Back
Top Bottom