Pop-eye question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a neon with pop-eye in both eyes. I pulled the whole school and medicated them with Furan2 and Kanaplex. He may be a tiny bit better but the rest of the school is fine.

I want to return them to my community tank my question is do I put HIM through another antibiotic cycle alone or just let what happens happen it is in both eyes and it seems to be just them.

Thanks!

Good job treating them all in the beginning. You need to set up an ISO tank ASAP and seperate the seriously infected fish. I once had a round of popeye that spread through all my fish overnight so there was no point in isolation...I treated them with Mardel Maracyn and they were fine shortly afterward. Go ahead and treat BOTH tanks (the ISO and the main) with the Maracyn and wait and see...that's what I would do. Just make sure to follow the directions on the package for your tank size. You can purchase Maracyn at just about any pet store. It is a 4 in one medication that treats body fungus, popeye, gill disease, and fin and tail rot.

Oh and to actually answer your question (lol):
Keep him in an ISO tank and dont even think about putting him back in the main/community tank until he is completely recovered and shows absolutely no signs of popeye anymore. I know it will stink for you fish for a while, but you must take into consideration the overall health and well-being of your other fish!
And also, go ahead and do another treatment with the Maracyn or your popeye treatment of choice, it cant hurt to stay on the safe side.

Back
Top Bottom