Porc Chop's Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was surprised on how much it was too. So it took me a little over 5 hours to fill the brute can up with ro water. Also I caught my lion shedding. I read it can mean bad things or normal depending on have often then do it . Since this was the first time I noticed I'm not really worried.

Just did the easiest pwc ever lol. Total time was 20 minutes for 30 gallons . Figure it takes 2 hours total time with going to the Lfs and getting the water then doing a 20 gallon change. Of course my koralia 1050 and skimmer pump wouldn't turn the right way at first which made me so aggravated I almost smashed them. so I plan to call the manufacture to get the ph right and I have to buy a bubble blaster pump for the skimmer. The scrubber screen is starting to fill in again also.

I'm having a small issue with my ro unit and I hope someone could help. Came home from work and started the unit to finish filling the can. Tested the tds and is reading 5. Filled a glass and I have a zero reading. I am wondering since there may have been a few drops of sw left in there this is causing my 5 tds reading. Is this water still safe to use because clearly on the uncontaminated glass I still have 0 tds?

That's what I thought. I tested in a cup a few more times and kept getting zero so there must have been some sw in the bucket

Ok I think it's time to start raising the salinity on my triggers qt tank. All I have seen on him is sand. Was wondering if I can drip acclimate him all the way to normal salinity instead of doing pwcs on the qt tank daily for a week . Any input on that? Also I still have cyano but my trates are reading 4 now so it shouldn't be too much longer until it is all gone.

Hondatek said:
Ok I think it's time to start raising the salinity on my triggers qt tank. All I have seen on him is sand. Was wondering if I can drip acclimate him all the way to normal salinity instead of doing pwcs on the qt tank daily for a week . Any input on that? Also I still have cyano but my trates are reading 4 now so it shouldn't be too much longer until it is all gone.

You can do drip acclimation.

Just got back from Atlantic sea farms paying for my new fish that I will pick up tomorrow. I have the salinity in the 45 at 1.014 and I am about to pull the pink tail out and drip him and finally put him in the 180. Debating on setting up the ten qt or doing a big pwc on the 45 and using that for the new guy.

Trigger is in the dt finally. So far so good but seems to be annoying chop with his constant swimming in front of his spot . Getting the ten gal qt tank ready now so I can get this fish tomorrow.

Thanks guys.It was surprising to find one out here and all the fish at this place are top notch heath wise. Going to start his hypo in the 10 tonight and recycle the 45 in hypo so he can be transferred by next weekend. He is going to be sweet when he gets bigger.

the tang is laying on his side breathing heavy. looks like im going to lose my first sw fish. im very upset right now. it ate earlier so i dont know what happened

Back
Top Bottom