Positioning tanks for viewing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Electrobes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Alrighty peoples, I gots me a question.. at what hieght do most of you keep your tanks at... please also include what the tanks are sitting on, and what size tank you have thanks everyone... oh yeah also include your own hieght!!

I am 6' 1'', I have a 10 gallon tank, and currently I have it sitting on what looks like a tool shelf from walmart, at a hieght of about 4 feet. I love it because I can see it standing and sitting, and my friends can as well.. makes it look all powerful or something :wink:

55 gal

my room is an old rec room. My tank is up on the bar. im5' 10" and the top of the tank is at my forehead. i need a step stool to work on the water but thats no bigggie i looks really cool being at eye level.

My tank stand is 30" high, my 29 gallon tank is 16" high. It sits in my little 5 1/2' by 8' hall in the middle of my apartment. The tank fit so perfectly there when I moved in, it was like it was meant to be there. I set a chair in front of the fishtank. While most people I know come home from work and plop down in front of the television, I come home and plop down in front of my tank (except on Thursdays, which is tank maintenence day).

I have my 35G Swim-Thru on a credenza that is the same height as the arm of the love seat that it is beside. The tank faces the love seat so whoever is sitting down has a "window seat" looking straight into the middle of the tank.

My 15G QT is just sitting on a table, no real reason for it, just because it was there.

my tank is in the living room, or should i say tanks , their are two in there at the moment. its great because then the tv goes off and we have the tanks for entertainment , i have some characters and they are facinating to watch, both tank are at eye level when you sit down , about32 inches from floor

Back
Top Bottom