post death tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nodoubt471

Aquarium Advice Freak
so everything in my tank (well my whole 2 fish ;) ) just died of marine velvet (in my show tank). how long should i wait before adding anything? i read somewhere that you should let a system lie fallow for 4 weeks after a die-off. also, ive been using prevent-ich (reccommended by my LFS). he said that would clear up anything left in my tank. is this true?

and another thing- do yellow coris wrasses go after shrimp? i was thinking of getting a pair of them and a percula or ocellaris, along with two or three shrimp (any reccommendations? peppermint?) and a couple feather dusters to restock the tank. right now its just LR. oh the tank is 20G 20LBs LR/2in bed LS w/ protein skimmer, powerhead, and hang on the back filter (200GPH). appropriate stocking set up?

thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Let it be fishless for 4 weeks, make sure you feed the biological filter during this time though. I don't know what prevent ich is, or what is in it, so I can't say whether it works or not, I can assure you that waiting 4 weeks works.

do yellow coris wrasses go after shrimp?

I think so, not sure but most large wrasses will eat crabs and shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom