post your cichlid setup here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AndrewsPistol said:
55 Mixed Aficans. Think I will spend the day rescaping and doing wc's :D

You sure know how to stackum. It has little to much different type of rock for my taste so its ok 5 or 6 out of 10 ;) you can un friend me later as I'm running from you. Lol

Andrew McFadden said:
You sure know how to stackum. It has little to much different type of rock for my taste so its ok 5 or 6 out of 10 ;) you can un friend me later as I'm running from you. Lol

I siliconed the majority together, and most of the rock was free haha! I don't really care as long as They are comfortable and the less aggressive dudes have a place to hide from the bosses... Since I have 3 who think they run the show lol.

AndrewsPistol said:
I siliconed the majority together, and most of the rock was free haha! I don't really care as long as They are comfortable and the less aggressive dudes have a place to hide from the bosses... Since I have 3 who think they run the show lol.

Ok so I'm running back lol :) that does take priority over display

36 gal no fish yet

Start of an mbuna tank.still cycling/re aquascaping.

Attachments

• DSC_4129.jpg
    DSC_4129.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 238
Here is an update of my 75g tank.
Added some Malaysian driftwood and plants for the juveniles to hide.
It is not finished -waiting for parts and more stock. :D

Hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed setting it up. -cheers

HD Video settings for best quality.

cheers
Jimmy

Last edited:
Malawi tank

idk if I have posted this here yet but here is my 55 gallon lake Malawi tank. this tank took months to research/build/develope. Enjoy :)

Attachments

• show tanked 001.jpg
    show tanked 001.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 219
  • show tanked 003.jpg
    show tanked 003.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 211
  • show tanked 005.jpg
    show tanked 005.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 202
  • fish awesome 001.jpg
    fish awesome 001.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 205
Nice clean setup you got there Jimmy

Thanks Andrew it's getting there. now is the waiting part :D

idk if I have posted this here yet but here is my 55 gallon lake Malawi tank. this tank took months to research/build/develope. Enjoy :)

Nicely done Fishkeeper!! ..great looking fish too.
noticed the wavemaker, is it the Hydor?
I need to get one or maybe a powerhead in the tank.

Nicely done Fishkeeper!! ..great looking fish too.
noticed the wavemaker, is it the Hydor?
I need to get one or maybe a powerhead in the tank.

thanks JimmyG :) I have three current fans in this tank. one hydor koralia and two aqueons. I will never buy aqueons again they reverse all the time and have to be restarted. hydor is a wonderful product and a must have.

Glad I didn't pick one up when I was at petsmart.

It's Hydor or an AC powerhead.

Thanks for your input. :cool:

This is my first try at a planted tank currently have 4 peacocks in it. I put the plants in about 2 weeks ago and the fish in a week ago everything is doing great so far. They have nipped at the plants out of curiosity but besides that they have left everything alone... I know it is hard to keep plants with cichlids but I thought I'd give it a try because it was something new and I've seen a couple of people do it successfully.

ForumRunner_20121014_214621.jpg

here's an update.. added some S. multi cats.

Lake Malawi Cichlid tank - UPDATED - YouTube

img_2163236_0_729b2fefd17f28b6b20cb2e237ebbfa4.jpg

img_2163236_1_e50d354fb5569bd143d3f79782678ff8.jpg

img_2163236_2_8621071df0e696e7c4088473767c8e23.jpg

img_2163236_3_89ac9055631b745bab4b3bd9a697de23.jpg

Last edited:
I totally dig the landscape. I've been away from tanks for awhile. (Cycling a 60 now)I previously had a 90 and 35 gallon Saltwater and a 55 with Africans. I thought I had a layout in my head and your layout has made me stop and rethink it a bit. Nice job! l
Thought I'd post since its been awhile and since I re did it a couple days ago. Still not sure if I like the one rock so it may move it. ;)

View attachment 118700

View attachment 118699

Supercereal said:
I totally dig the landscape. I've been away from tanks for awhile. (Cycling a 60 now)I previously had a 90 and 35 gallon Saltwater and a 55 with Africans. I thought I had a layout in my head and your layout has made me stop and rethink it a bit. Nice job! l

;) thanks

Back
Top Bottom