post your cichlid setup here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I havent put in the tank yet. still in my 5 gallon buckets. I just wasnt expecting it to look so dark. Because most of the other pictures of it looks almost white.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ah I thought you mean water was cloudy. Quickrete make play sand I don't think pool filter sand. I think that's what u have. Pool is very white. And play is brown.

Ohh will this be safe to use.

Ohh will this be safe to use.

Yes as far as I know. I have some mixed in w my pool sand I used just to get rid of it. Pool Sand is like 10 bucks a 50lb bag so it would only cost 20 or so to swap depending on tank size if u like the white look better. Not sure what you're setting up exactly but if you do white Texas holey rock as decor I think the darker sand would look great!

Ok thank you so much for your help!

Ok thank you so much for your help!

My pleasure. Feel free to pm me if you wanna ask questions. This thread probably isn't the best one to ask. The moderators must be asleep! You can creat your own in the cichlid discussion forum.

Ok i will thanks! :)

Thought I'd post a few pics of my juveniles :)

My Red Zeb
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393070680.765011.jpg

Flameback
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393070747.293019.jpg

Electric Yellow
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393070783.691783.jpg

Blue Dolphin, red zeb and flamebackImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393070903.991458.jpg

And a terrible pic but their tank.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393070831.889384.jpg

Do any of u know if you could put like 8-9 cichlids in a 55 gal

Depends what kind of cichlid. More you have or the bigger the fish are, the more filtration you'll need. 25 is probably the max though for mbuna & peacocks without it looking outrageously clustered.

My 30 gallon mbuna tank can't really see any fish because they are scopin out the new rocks I just put in

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393130987.965111.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393130987.965111.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 128
Back
Top Bottom