Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Johny said:
here is our 20 gal high. We just put the sand in about 3 days ago. I need to revamp the lighting to better accommodate the plants...but here it is.

Beautiful aquarium. Do you vacuum your sand?

Beautiful aquarium. Do you vacuum your sand?

Thank you. I have only had the sand in for about a week... so I haven't done a water change with it in yet. It really doesn't look like I will need to. I honestly can't see any food or food anywhere but the filter. I will just have to look closer when I do my water change today or tomorrow.

Johny said:
Thank you. I have only had the sand in for about a week... so I haven't done a water change with it in yet. It really doesn't look like I will need to. I honestly can't see any food or food anywhere but the filter. I will just have to look closer when I do my water change today or tomorrow.

No matter if there is food and waste at the bottom or not, you should still do a water change at least every week.

No matter if there is food and waste at the bottom or not, you should still do a water change at least every week.

Yeah I just re read my post, I should have specified that I meant I wouldn't need to vacuum (possibly). I do water changes every week. I used to do them on Saturday, but we changed the substrate (from gravel to sand) mid week, along with about 60-70% of the water that day. So I am going to do a small one today, and then a larger one on Saturday again to get back on schedule.

Thanks for watching out for me though.

Thought i would add to this 8 1/2 yr old thread :)
Heres my 180g tank, sorry my camera is cheap and old lol

Attachments

• P9012776.jpg
    P9012776.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 188
CharlieB said:
Thought i would add to this 8 1/2 yr old thread :)
Heres my 180g tank, sorry my camera is cheap and old lol

Nice job! It looks awesome. I gotta find room for a bigger tank.

Yeah I just re read my post, I should have specified that I meant I wouldn't need to vacuum (possibly). I do water changes every week. I used to do them on Saturday, but we changed the substrate (from gravel to sand) mid week, along with about 60-70% of the water that day. So I am going to do a small one today, and then a larger one on Saturday again to get back on schedule.

Thanks for watching out for me though.

I was curious, is it even possible to vacuum the sand without it getting sucked up?

redsea said:
I was curious, is it even possible to vacuum the sand without it getting sucked up?

I occasionally vacuum my sand. I put a valve (aka c-clamp, lol) on the hose going to the bucket to control the flow. Just enough to suck out the dirt and not the sand. It also gives me more time to vacuum before bucket is full. It works well. I don't vacuum that much anymore since I got a goby. He does a great job.

My full tank shot of my 60g cube cycling
img_1525448_0_b3ce0d466d51618bb877ed12110f982d.jpg

Wow, the drift wood looks great! What is your stock list?

Thanks!
1 BGK (seen in pic)
2 large red turquoise discus (also in pic)
8 Bloodfin tetras
7 White star tetras
1 Hoplosternum
L333 pleco
L397 Pleco
L183 pleco
4 GBR (2 pairs)
1 African butterfly fish

So its pretty much all South American plus the butterfly fish lol :)
All the wood is just smaller pieces pilled up for my BGK and plecos to live in

Just up and running...it's a work in progress for sure, but then again, aren't they all...lol

75g FW community...soon to be heavily planted.

img_1528844_0_eb354dbf57393900f86950a4f303ca1b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom