Post your full tank shot here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we have to talk, lol
I had 3 tanks inwall, then I converted them to one BIG 150 gal
all DIY

then I got bored and made this monster !!!!

Seriously, this might be the coolest thing I've ever seen. I wish I could do this in my house, I have the perfect wall for it!

Seriously, this might be the coolest thing I've ever seen. I wish I could do this in my house, I have the perfect wall for it!

thanks, all you need a little creativity, and the will to take a circular saw to your wall, lol

My puffer tank! One F8, named stitch.

Attachments

• image-2146269604.jpg
    image-2146269604.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 158
oh yea, most of it is DIY, including the LED lights, stonework, and PVC plumbing going to my canister :)

it's more of a labor of love, lol
I need a bench to sit and watch.

hey bill, those fish aren't exactly low on bioload. i have seen that you mention you use pool filter sand in this tank, how do you clean after the fish finish their "business" and how often?

hey bill, those fish aren't exactly low on bioload. i have seen that you mention you use pool filter sand in this tank, how do you clean after the fish finish their "business" and how often?

I am currently running a FLUVAL fx5 on pure bio.

I do no use any kind of carbon, just pure bio.
this creates a HUGE bacteria base to keep the chems in check.
all my chems are 0 across the board.

I do a water change once a week, but that's about all.
:)
the tank takes care of itself.
it's all in the filter and your stock.
my cats clean up the bottom and my bio filter takes care of the chems.
the pool filter sand is very dense and no particles can penetrate it. simple hover with the syphon for 5 seconds and all is clean.

ALSO, I do not stack against the back wall, I have a front channel and a back channel for the fish to swim, this creates great water flow and it flows right into the intake.

here is behind the scene, you can see my FX5.
also have a UV light on the return.
I have extra fx5's just in case.
I also have everything on battery backup!!!!!!
60421-albums12766-picture59180.jpg

New Photo update 90g planed community

I know the background cling is ugly its coming off soon and being painted black.
Tell me what you think about my tank and how I am doing

76354-albums12801-picture59056.jpg

I know the background cling is ugly its coming off soon and being painted black.
Tell me what you think about my tank and how I am doing

76354-albums12801-picture59056.jpg

Good call on the background, it distracts with your cool tank.

That's a lotta real estate to cover! You need some nice height in the back in a few places, alternating some colorful stem plants with some green.

Like the root DW.

Will love to see a before and after shot ONLY changing the background. I bet that will be an amazing change. You will be able to see the fish and DW! :popcorn:

Updated pic of my 72. Recently added diy co2 and its made a big difference. I can't wait to get pressurised to see it really take off.

Nice mix of reds and greens and textures. Yes, even DIY CO2 can impact growth. Are you using a diffuser, reactor or powerhead for CO2 distribution?

Nice mix of reds and greens and textures. Yes, even DIY CO2 can impact growth. Are you using a diffuser, reactor or powerhead for CO2 distribution?

Thanks. Yea I made one using a maxijet and an old siphon vacuum with the co2 line ran into it then stuffed some poly floss to slowe down the water flow so it dissolves more efficiently

Love the pretty reds and you have a very nice
tank!

Thankyou! It was all green for a while because the red plants always sell so quickly when the lfs gets them. I love the scarlet temples I have. The upper leaves are red with a real pretty purple on the bottom. Probably my favorite plant in the tank at the moment. I've still got two wisteria that I'm looking to take out and replace, I'm just waiting for the right plant to come along.

2 yr old 40 gallon. shrooms and xenias tiny frags now taking over!

image-2808171840.jpg

Back
Top Bottom