Post your Planted Tank Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's gorgeous illusion!

Here's my pathetic attempt. Rather spend money on fish and fast food than plants, but I had to at least get my hand wet! Don't mind the powerhead, was doing some water polishing after initial fill up.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431736263.962467.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Meh. Not real concerned about adding anything. It has a SUPER shallow sand bed, honestly surprised I can cover the rhizomes haha. I split the original rhizome into 3 pieces and they're all now bigger than the main original plant, so I'm not gonna complain. I do the equivalent maintenance that people do to fake plants, aka NOTHING lol. My only problem with any of my plants is the java moss will get small random tidbits floating around from my mollies picking stuff out of it but that doesn't bother me

That's gorgeous illusion!

Here's my pathetic attempt. Rather spend money on fish and fast food than plants, but I had to at least get my hand wet! Don't mind the powerhead, was doing some water polishing after initial fill up.
View attachment 272345

It does take a lot of time to set it up. We are still adding and removing plants as we go.

Those that don't use soil, use root tabs or some sort of fertilizer?? I've noticed quite a bit of people got sand going on in their tanks....

Just curious...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

^Yes, many use DIY osmocote plus root tabs.

Here's my 20 long
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431786316.767852.jpg

Super awesome tank perfectdepth!

Yeah, I've got the osmocote root tabs going on in my tank...

I was curious what other ferts do you guys use? Is it necessary? I'm just trying to figure out what I should be doing.... I got the co2, t5ho, osmocote... maybe just let it go for a bit and see what the plants look like? They should tell me if they need potassium or things like that right? Btw, iron is mostly for red plants?

Super awesome tank perfectdepth!

Yeah, I've got the osmocote root tabs going on in my tank...

I was curious what other ferts do you guys use? Is it necessary? I'm just trying to figure out what I should be doing.... I got the co2, t5ho, osmocote... maybe just let it go for a bit and see what the plants look like? They should tell me if they need potassium or things like that right? Btw, iron is mostly for red plants?

PPS-PRO by GLA is a life saver for those of us with large planted tanks.

Caleb

Thanks guys! Tiger, your tank is one of my favorites for sure. I'm jealous of your a.r. Mine has been sort of vertically challenged so far, but I recently stuck some root tabs under them and now they seem to be doing much better. I need to get a more recent photo, that was taken over a month ago. You should see the star repens now, it's like a hedge.

I also use ferts from GLA- I have the EI package plus the jars. I also dose API Leaf Zone for extra Fe & K.
They should tell me if they need potassium or things like that right? Btw, iron is mostly for red plants?

All plants use iron. The amount you need does depend on the type of plants and their demand, but generally light and/or co2 are bigger factors for coloration.

With co2 and more light, the demand for nutrients is higher, so you'll definitely want to add ferts to make sure your plants get what they need.

Thanks guys! Tiger, your tank is one of my favorites for sure. I'm jealous of your a.r. Mine has been sort of vertically challenged so far, but I recently stuck some root tabs under them and now they seem to be doing much better. I need to get a more recent photo, that was taken over a month ago. You should see the star repens now, it's like a hedge.

I also use ferts from GLA- I have the EI package plus the jars. I also dose API Leaf Zone for extra Fe & K. All plants use iron. The amount you need does depend on the type of plants and their demand, but generally light and/or co2 are bigger factors for coloration.

Cool,thx for the kind words! Looking forward to updated pics.. fitting right into the 20L Mafia...LOL...no really...
Great tank!

20L Mafia

Ohhh okay! Got it.... thanks guys!

Any of you have before pictures of your Planted tanks? Would love to see what your awesome tanks looked like before the plants filled up or even before you groomed them?

Any shrimp tanks?

Any of you have before pictures of your Planted tanks? Would love to see what your awesome tanks looked like before the plants filled up or even before you groomed them?

Any shrimp tanks?

It was a disaster.
January:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431868437.463491.jpg

Now:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431868472.581865.jpg

Caleb

Coolguy, nice comeback man! That's an awesome before and after

Any shrimp tanks?

Day one, back in January:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1431881228.665056.jpg

Man! You're guys tanks came a long way in a short period! Good for you guys! this is awesome

Dug this one up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1431883552725.jpg
    1431883552725.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom