Post your planted tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Nothing! Tank looks good. I ve seen Rivercats say many times not to vacuum the substrate. You can swirl the end about an inch above the substrate to get some of the gunk but you don t really want to disturb the substrate. Yes, it provides nutrients for the plants.

Right on thanks! I was worried at first because I could hardly find any detritus when doing my water changes and I figured it might have been falling into my substrate because it's just too big for poop to stay on top, but just too fine to vacuum. But it's a planted substrate so that sounds like it was probably intentional! Haha. So I am relieved.

Trimmed the plants this weekend in my 20g long. Pruned the Staurogynes repens pretty aggressively to promote the undergrowth and side shoots. Would like the mini AR to stay short but I don't think my lights are strong enough for that (so snip-snip).
6IFPiiv.jpg

Full Tank shot with my new camera. Nikon D5300 DSLR.

How do you have that plant in the pebbles with the driftwood. Is it part of drift wood. Also what is the greenery on bottom half of driftwood. Awesome tank man. Very clean and aesthetic.

What do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!

Hi Mojo, glad to meet you.
The DW piece had a deep hole in it so I put a half root tab in the bottom and filled it with Eco Complete with a Crypt Parva planted in it. They stay pretty small and grow really slow. The stuff on the DW is mini fissedens moss on top and regular fissedens on the two lower patches. OS.

Thanks Rodeo. It's filling in nicely. The Glosso is starting to look like a semi-carpet. It sure pearls a lot. Corys and loaches are in heaven playing in it. OS.

Full Tank shot with my new camera. Nikon D5300 DSLR.

I give that a 10/10 while my inbred cousin gives it 11 (y)

Looking great for a fairly new tank Brian. Glosso almost looks like it's enough now and the rest of the tank seems like it will be filled in completely pretty soon too. I recall mentioning at one stage that a layout with more driftwood overhangs pictured above the ADA one you used for inspiration was more to my liking but i think you really nailed it with this tank in that i think your tank looks better than the one you chose for inspiration. Good work, i hope you are enjoying it as much as those following it are.

HI Alan,
OH man. Thanks for the awesome compliment. I'm really loving the moss. Can't wait to see it flowing down the DW. Also, I'm in the Ozark mountains of Arkansas and we have lots of in-bred cousins here. They say "less is more" and it feels weird not having to trim lots of plants often like I did in the Dutch style old scape. LOL. OS.

Looks great OS!! I'm doing my rescape sat! Picked up the substrate yesterday, shovled out my Lfs owners' car and he threw me a bag of flourite and #2 quartz filter sand for next to nothing!

I set up a chair in front of my tank so I can sit in front of my aquarium while studying and this is my view. Needless to say I don't accomplish much. Some of my plants are looking shabby but that's only because I allowed my tank to get waaay overgrown. It's fixed and they are bouncing back very nicely minus the small amounts of hair algae that is popping up.

Plants are growing soo fast I can barely keep up with them anymore since I doubled the light and added pressurized CO2 to the tank.

HVKc5E7.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140220_051704.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140220_051704.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 132
image-4204647726.jpg

My 20 gallon aquarium, about 9 months old now.

image-2210572812.jpg

My 60 gallon aquarium, about 4 months old.
Still a lot of work to be done.

image-3240198241.jpg

And just a picture of my pearl gourami Fred.

Back
Top Bottom