Potential Ich??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeamTIV02

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey,

I have a pictus catfish that is full grown. Yesterday I noticed he wasn't moving around as much. Today I saw that he had white spots on him. I think it's ich. :( I raised the temp in the tank, raised the aeration in the tank and just did a water change/gravel vac. But the weird thing is, out of the total 11 fish in my 60 gallon tank, he is the only one with it. The other fish are fine. I am thinking of going to the pet store tomorrow and buying aquarium salt and/or RidIch. I have yet to put any salt in and I heard that a freshwater tank needs a little salt. Any help?

Thanks.

Well you still need to go get some type of Ich treatment! Most likely the Ich is now free floating in the water because once ich attaches to the fish it only takes one day for it to then dis-attach itself and float in the water multiplying by the millions! your other fish are at risk if you know its ich. If you notice any other signs of it on fish then I recommend API's super ick cure, cured all my fish in my 10 gallon over 4 days and I havent had it since.

I did, I bought some aquarium salt and some ich attack. They seem fine. I have done everything else I can i to cure them. I am not buying any new fish until I know for sure I have gotten rid of it. I guess I'll have to wait a few days.

Alright good to hear I was just making sure :) you may want to get a QT tank if you don't already have one and QT all the new fish for a few weeks before you put them in the tank

Back
Top Bottom