Poucupine puffers habits???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdefino

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got one of these little cute guys and just wondering about thier habits. Mine stays at one end of the tank and doesn't swim aroung to much. I got him a few days ago and he's finnaly has eaten some krill. Now he's seems to have puffed up a little, just a little and is floating at the top of the tank. His fins and eyes are moving, is he resting now that he ate?

What else should I know about him?

Thanks

I have had a porcupine puffer for about six months and the first thing is that they grow REALLY fast. I had to buy a bigger tank for christmas as he has almost doubled in length which I hadn't anticipated. My puffer, Puffy, has always been pretty active except when he got ich. He actually races back and forth at the top of the tank begging for food and makes a wave that sometimes splashes over the side of the tank!

I also learned that I am very limited in what else can go in my tank as he will eat darn near everything! He ate a cleaner wrass (which was tolerated for a month or so), numerous crabs and tried to get a diamond goby which we promptly scooped out and returned. I try to get live brine shrimp as often as I can which is a big treat for him and he runs around the tank eating them which gives all the fish some good exercise and makes for some great entertainment also![/img]

What size tank did you have him in before you got the new tank?

My original tank was a 29g high and my new tank is 75g. I am going to use the smaller one for a reef tank once I get my fish moved.

Back
Top Bottom