Powerhead Placement!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JuanArti

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got two koralia evo 1050s and was wondering how I should place them in my tank. I have a 55 gallon 50 pounds of live rock with a clown, anemone and a frag of star polyps.. Any ideas. I put up a picture of my tank.

Attachments

• image-489953005.jpg
    image-489953005.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 182
I would put on on the right facing up to the over flow box and another on the other side facing In front of or over the rocks

My return pump is pretty strong and agitates the water. Do you think I should still point it up?

Nice tank man, here is mine so you can get an idea on the koralias have the same thing

Attachments

• image-2362868545.jpg
    image-2362868545.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 240
I have my return pump facing down and my power head facing up facing the over flow box
Like put it in the middle of the side and put it where it's pointing to the over flow

These guys might be to powerful for my tank. I accidentally unplugged my return pump and a bunch of crud came out. Other than that what do you think?

Attachments

• image-698890651.jpg
    image-698890651.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 217
I have a 1300 and it blows my sand everywhere. You guys know how to solve that? It's in a 55g also.

Put them lower in the tank and face them up and they look good

Alright I did that and it's looking pretty good. Nice circulation and agitation of water. Thanks for the help!

I think it should be fine mine is ok I just don't have them facing down to the sand or into corals

Back
Top Bottom