Powerhead placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie.636

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an aquaclear 20 powerhead. I have it placed in the top left hanging over the glass. Should I keep it there or put it closer to the bottom of the tank? It seems like this powerhead makes the water very bubbly. I probably should of bought one with a fan instead

You want to place it deep enough so it's not pulling air. If you have the air hose on it, take it off. Air bubbles in the display will lead to a lot of salt creep and are an irritant to invertebrates.

You want to place it deep enough so it's not pulling air. If you have the air hose on it, take it off. Air bubbles in the display will lead to a lot of salt creep and are an irritant to invertebrates.

Thanks! I think my powerhead is submerisable. Does the air hose have to be above surface?

The air hose is for when they're connected to a hob skimmer I think (mine was). Remove the hose and if you still have the plug use it. If not that's ok cause without the hose it'll only suck in water.

Back
Top Bottom