Powerheads for 20g fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish Fan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Setting up new 20g fowlr and thinking 2 hydor pico evo 400s. 100gph each on opposite sides. Good enough flow?

Setting up new 20g fowlr and thinking 2 hydor pico evo 400s. 100gph each on opposite sides. Good enough flow?

your going to want more than 200gph flow total in a 20g. Id recommend a minimum of 600gph total. 2 Koralia 425 nanos would be perfect for the job. More flow keeps waste suspended allowing it to be filtered or removed. Not enough flow and everything will settle, along with many dead spots.

Great thanks for the feedback. I found them on amazon for $28 each. I didn't want anything too big because of the smaller tank but they appear to be small enough

Great thanks for the feedback. I found them on amazon for $28 each. I didn't want anything too big because of the smaller tank but they appear to be small enough

yeah ive run bigger powerheads in a 20g before so the 425's will be just fine. they are small in my opinion so shouldnt be bad size wise.

Back
Top Bottom