Powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquabeast

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what are some good powerhead brands? i kinda wanna use one instead of a air stone/strip.. just seems more natural in a tank..

I have a Koralia Nano and a Koralia 1. So far they are ok. I think my fishes like swimming against the current. They are super quiet also. I think I bought the older model Nano, but oh well. its still good.

I have a Marineland Penguin 550 for my 55g and it works great! It's really quiet and performs extremely well! In fact, I bought another one for my partial UGF system setup.

If you're wanting to use it as a mid-tank aerator, (instead of having the current skim the water surface), you can do that. That's how I have my powerhead setup in my tank and the fish love swimming in the current. I did modify it a little though. My Mollies are pregnant so I didn't want to lose any fry w/ the slits on the powerhead intake being so big. To remedy that, I just took the intake tube from my extra HOB filter and slid it over the powerhead intake grate. Works like a charm! (y) I'm still waiting for my Mollies to give birth though. :(

Back
Top Bottom